Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Sex No Bar !!!

I think I seem to be maturing heck too slowly for my age!
Yes i'm 20+ and still in the stage where you have crushes once in a while (not the serious type ,that's one!!!). It's more or less like a teenager or whatever ....
And it is the most inappropriate type of crush - a guy elder to me (roughly by 10 yrs), working at a higher hierarchy level, and last and the most blasphemous - married! No, i don't have a thing for married elder man. Don't judge me dammit :P

well he's surely not the usual crush-at-first-sight types. but then I don't say I m not weird ,he's gone ahead with the kill-by-attitude and behavior style. it's just the way he talks. it's just the way his face lights up like a 500watt bulb when he smiles.
So now we go talking and sipping coffee ..me skipping a gazillion beats

So this guy says , so how is it working here , u in nfs -dev right (thats the name of my team) and then we talk and talk and suddenly the conversation lands to no girls in your team and a question pops up- how is it like with just all the guys around
Well couldn't have said voila and then i headed the conversation telling him everything right from the beginning , just recalled my starting few days at netapp!!!!

We had our new hire orientation program , a training stuff ... first day twas the time for lunch and i see all the new joinees going for lunch , tracing the groups and i see all girls heading together forming a group .I get scared of fully female company (unless I know all of them very well, and I like them, which would make them at least a little bit similar to the kind of girl I am).For me who has like spent most of her childhood hanging out with the guys my cousins and friends, climbing trees, spinning tops, flying kites, and balancing atop the narrow parapet walls, and most of her adult life (so far) with a group of guys pursuing engineering, this was scary. Now don’t get me wrong here. I am not anti-girl or anything. I am all for the ya-ya sisterhood.But,I at that time chose my course and went ahead with 2 guys from my college who were ehh to my surprise pretty good a company .(no flattering , coz i know both the guys would be reading this post ).

So k,another question which would have popped up was why do I run in the opposite direction when I see an all-girls' group? Well, here’s the thing. I believe (rather strongly at that) that girls bring out the worst in each other. For one, girls are complex just realized this when my cousin harped on the same fact a thousand times yesterday.Yes they are,let's just face it .They are. They cry. They say one thing when they mean just the opposite. They can't make up their minds. And then they play games with guys, and politics with each other.

On the other hand, guys are relatively simpler to understand. They have no hidden agenda.They don't judge you on every little thing. In fact, for most of the time, they are lost, clueless creatures who don't get why we cry, why we make those incredibly complex hard-to-decipher statements, why they can’t talk to us while surfing a sports website, why we try to find the 'hidden meaning' in their words (when there isn't any) and why we expect them to be able to read our feelings. Not to even mention how freaking difficult to understand we are. And if all this is not enough, we have those days with mood swings. That’s a lot of things they have to deal with!

So frankly speaking, when there are too many girls around me, I actually feel weird ,may be the talks, maybe I am afraid that my hidden girly traits will take over and I will turn into one of those typical girly girl.

To all guys whom I've confused and annoyed (to the point of utter frustration) with certain extreme girly behavior at times and of recent, I want to apologize. I would like them to try and understand that much as I sometimes it is hard to shake off all girly characteristics, and some of them do surface now and then.

So I told that some of my closest friends have been guys and most of my groupie's and now colleagues and I find it perfectly fine.Let's face it now , we girls can't live without guys. And I am not just talking broken tubelights that need to be fixed or bags which i had to dump in the shelf cabinet some 10 ft high, today morning... I'm talking about the absolute need to have different viewpoints, different talks,different ways of thinking, and different ways of reacting to situations. The Venusians need the Martians.
To all those who say that in ten years' time, women will no longer need men, here's my reply. Bull !!We need them as much as they need us and that's the whole truth.

Think about it ,we really give them a tough time, and yet they still manage to love us.
So all the Ladies, let's cut the men in our lives some slack :) .

6 comments:

Pallavi said...

nice one !!! I totally agree to each and every thing you wrote :)

Nimit said...

Hell yeah

< smug look>

I told you so?

kamiya said...

Nice post :) ..a few expressions were funny... especially the clueless creatures one :)) ..
so u finally liking netapp :) .. gud ! :)

Neha said...

@Pallavi and kamiya - Thanks :)

@Nimit - oh realllly :P

niceguyme said...

Gud one! totally..

Neha said...

:)